Thursday 18 January 2024

[WardFive] Running for office and information on funeral arrangements for Mr. Height

I hope everyone is doing well in this cold weather.  I have a couple of announcements.  First, I announced last week that I will be running for the U.S. Senate seat currently occupied by Senator Michael Brown.  I know that while Senator Brown is stepping down from this position, he will continue to be a strong advocate for DC Statehood.  I want to thank him for the many years he has served the city.  As far as my campaign, if you have time, and would like to help me get elected, please send me an email, call, make a donation or volunteer, my campaign website is:  https://franklinforussenate.com .  We are now in the process of collecting signatures to be on the ballot, I am happy to drive to you to get your signature, or email you a petition.  Thank you in advance for any support.

 

Second, for those of you that have not heard, Mr. Royal Height passed on January 9, 2024.  Known to many of us as the Music Ambassador, Mr. Height was the voice behind the DC Statehood song Taxation without Representation https://youtu.be/NPH5eFU6mwk?si=IBSlhIHsqqcywTsR .  We used this song many times at parades and at other events.  Mr. Height was a strong supporter of our fight for DC Statehood; we honored him in 2018 with a DC Statehood Champions award https://dcireporter.com/2018-dc-statehood-champions-honorees/.  Mr. Height had a distinguish career as a musician, to include being a lead singer with the world famous group The Orioles.  His service will take place on January 27th, 2024 at: Mt. Carmel Baptist Church, 901 3rd Street, NW, Washington DC 20001: Viewing: 10:00am, Service: 11:00am.   My deepest condolences to his family and friends.  He will be missed. 

 

Thank you

Franklin Garcia

https://franklinforussenate.com/

fgarcia@maestropc.com

(202) 754-3865

 

P.S. I am also attaching a photo of me and daughter Cheilyn.  Cheilyn is now 5 months old. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment