Friday 22 May 2020

cheat_training_group River School Update from Steve-O

Hey Paddlers,

I hope everyone has been being safe and still able to get on the river. I have been able to paddle after surgery which has been awesome. I even was feeling well enough to paddle Great Falls for my birthday! IThe River School is back up and able to offer small classes and so I wanted to remind everyone about Private Lessons. I have been teaching a few and they have been really great, not just for me to be able to teach again but for the student as well. I have been able to focus the classes to the specific needs of the individual paddler and teach techniques to help them achieve goals they have set out. I also been doing a little bit of ongoing coaching to get help folks achieve longer term goals they may have set out. In these lessons I have been using my GoPro to video what I am explaining, my demonstration, and then their attempt at the skill. I then send those videos to you so that you can reference back to what we talked about, see how you are paddling, and see how I do the skill in POV.  It has been a really successful format for the students I have been doing it with. I don't edit the videos, so they can be a little long, but you are able to fast forward to the important parts. Reach out if you are interested in getting some personal coaching and instruction.

I know that a lot of people are dropping out of Cheat, because of schedule conflicts or the pandemic. Totally understandable. If you are looking to use this credit to another class you are welcome to by emailing Ashley. We have put Fall Training up on the schedule and plan to run Yough Training starting June 30.

But alson, if you want to put that money towards gear like that Rockstar you have been wanting or the new Liquidlogic Alpha which everyone has been talking about or new PFD or Drytop you can do that as well. Just letting everyone know they have options. We also are putting in an order with Sweet Protection & Werner soon. Check out our retail store and email me directly if you need anything additionally. https://callevaoutdoorgear.square.site/

Also Pyranha is raising their prices June 1. A new boat will not cost you $1432 rather than $1339. If you order by June 1 you will still receive the lower price, but after that it goes up and the Ozone has been looking really good out on the Potomac.

Thanks for reading! I hope to see everyone out there soon! Steve-O

--
laks@calleva.org
calleva.org/liquid-adventures-kayak
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cheat Training" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to upper_yough_training_group+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/upper_yough_training_group/df469e04-1d6b-44ea-9b7a-ef2d911bee97%40googlegroups.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment