Sunday 22 September 2013

[WardFive] The Age of Hyper-Racism: White Supremacy as the White Knight of Capitalism

 

This is worth sharing! One of my high school class mates shared it.

 

 

Shirley Rivens Smith

srs-usasc@rcn.com

202-635-3138

 

 

 

This is a great synopsis of how white supremacy is supportive of the American system of capitalism.  I am sharing it with family, friends and email associates in hopes that reading this article will prompt them to carefully analyze and discuss it with their loved ones or mentees.  Ralph Featherstone, a SNCC coordinator in Mississippi during the civil rights era and neighborhood friend explained this theory to me when I returned from serving in the Army in South Korea in 1960.  As a result of my understanding of how white supremacy was the systemic framework that supported American capitalism I was able to effectively argue this point as an undergraduate student at American University many years ago.

 

 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment