Wednesday 2 May 2018

[WardFive] Re: Ward 5 Council Campaign

Good Afternoon

Thanks for your email! My neighbors and I witnessed a grey, four door, sedan, African American, 6'2" remove pole signs on Newton Street. The gentleman was equipped with snips to cut the plastic tie that held the sign in place. If I wouldn't have seen it for myself, I would not have believed that this type of politicking was going on. Very disappointing.


Commissioner Ursula Higgins
Chairperson, ANC 5B
Single Member District 5B02
Telephone: 202-321-5289
Email: 5b02@anc.dc.gov
Website: www.anc5b.org
________________________________________
From: Tom Kirlin <tkirlin@aol.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2018 4:52 PM
To: Higgins, Ursula (SMD 5B02)
Subject: Ward 5 Council Campaign

Commissioner Higgins,

Pls feel free to distribute this letter as you see fit.

Thank you.


"Candidate Gayle Hall Caryle,

Apparently, campaign dirty tricks are in high gear.

I had 5 of your campaign yard signs stolen overnight from private space on 3 properties in this section of Ward 5. This morning, I found Kenyon McDuffie flyers stuffed in two of those front doors.

I filed a complaint with the MPD, as the Office of Campaign Finance suggested I do. A neighbor has a camera so we will check that footage too.

I also sent a note regarding these thefts to the BNCA and Lamond/Riggs/N Michigan listserves. I suggest that all residents take pictures of yard signs so we stop this nonsense.

I have not seen the BNCA posting yet but you will find my comment on the Lamond/Riggs site under "Ft. Totten Development Update."

In the postings I asked people to tell me if they have had similar experience. A TV reporter I contacted is willing to do a story on this. I am checking with the Post's Metro pages today to see if they might also do a story or op-ed.

More immediately, do you have 5 or more additional yard signs? A neighbor wants one too. I gladly will contribute to your campaign so we can have a fair election.

Many thanks,

Tom Kirlin"

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid


Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Droid

--
--
WardFive@googlegroups.com is open to WardFive residents for community discussion and information sharing.

To post to this group, send email to wardfive@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wardfive+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wardfive?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WardFive" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to wardfive+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment