Thursday 31 January 2013

[WardFive] Info on Yahoo Accounts Being Hacked

Okay folks, you know I had to do some research on this maater.  It seems Yahoo has known since last year, July specifically that their system had been hacked.  I believe this was about the time they switch to this new Yahoo beta email account, which is still a problem for me and I'm sure for others.  Ex, when adding contacts to EMs, if there is a long list, can't scroll down to the end of the list.  Previously had problems saving an EM to a folder, etc.
 
We were aware that there was a problem with an updated version of Java/Javascript, but I don't recall receiving an EM from Yahoo informing to change my password.  Have attached th Arstechnica.com article and link below.  Shows how hacking is done.  NBC Ohio did a story back on Jan 8th, Yahoo Finance includes a short sentence on 400,000 Yahoo accts being hacked last year.  Nextweb.com details longstanding vunerability to Yahoo customers. Hopefully someone or a group will start to develop a class action suit to get Yahoo to spare no expense in protecting their customers accounts.  This is ridiculous.  Why does the customer now have to jump thru hoops to protect their accounts without the tools to do so?  I also pay for the no ads service.
 
 
Pls share. 
 
Albrette "Gigi" Ransom
Commissioner, ANC 5A06

0 comments:

Post a Comment