Wednesday 30 January 2013

[WardFive] My Hacked E-address: Alert From Yahoo! (This is Gigi)

 A little earlier, I rec'd a call from on of the people I alerted about my hacked Yahoo e-account.  This person shared that 3 other friends of his located in different parts of the country who also had Yahoo accounts with large Contact lists also had their accounts hacked.   This friend & I discussed what were the odds of this happening, especially with all having a Yahoo Security ID in place, and inplace for some time now.  We felt it might be an inside job or possibly someone working for Yahoo or a contractor who might be selling account information.
 
I'm just getting back to my account and had to sign in again. Surprisingly, after signing in, another window opened which stated, "Yahoo Account Security has identified a possible risk to your account", and to change my password.  Possible risk? It already happened.  Anyway, I changed my password and will probably change my Security ID.
 
If this has happened to anyone else on this listserv or if you are concerned about this possibly happening to you, change your password ASAP and add a security ID.  Please help spread the word by sharing with other listservs and to your private list.
 
There is a high probability that someone in a position of authority yahoo e-account might have also been hacked and that they will share with the media.  I hope it was just Yahoo's Security finally catching up to this scheme and is now trying to protect their customers account.
 
Albrette "Gigi" Ransom
Commissioner, ANC 5A06

0 comments:

Post a Comment