Monday 22 September 2014

Re: [WardFive] BEWARE! Lorie Masters AG Campaign Using Deceptive, Unethical Practice to Win Attorney General Election!

It's saddens me to hear that this kind of deception is  being used.  It breaks my heart.   Let us pray that deceptions used by anyone of any kind be exposed.  
 

Enough is enough 
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 22, 2014, at 8:42 PM, Carol Fleming <carol.fleming4@verizon.net> wrote:

Thanks for informing us Gigi.
 
Carol Fleming
 
 
On 09/21/14, 'Gigi Ransom' via WardFive<wardfive@googlegroups.com> wrote:
 
On Sat, Sept 20, 2014, I was at the H St NE Festival.  I came across the Lorie Masters for DC Attorney General Table.  Kemry Hughes was working the table.  I was told to look at Ms. Masters campaign lit. I did, initially identified who looks like Eugene Kinlow on the right, Lorie Masters in the middle of the photo with their "DC Vote" & "Taxation without Representation" T-Shirts.
 
I choose to focus on the text of the document. I was again directed to look at the photo, & was pointed to the woman on the left side, which to my surprise, was ME!  This photo was at least 3-5 years old if not older.  Most important concern was due to my earned credibility in DC as an advocate, former ANC, etc, this now widely distributed campaign lit would give the impression that I am supporting/endorsing Ms. Masters for the AG position in the Nov 4th General Election, which is far from the truth!  I have already been endorsing another candidate, Paul Zukerberg. This is known in Ward 5 where I live, and has probably been shared.  Paul filed in court for the AG position election to be held as legislated, and won! He deserves the position.
 
For the record, and to avoid any confusion about this posting, Paul had nothing to do with me responding to what I'm alleging is an act of desperation, unfair & unethical campaign practice to intentionally deceive the DC voting public about who I'm supporting/endorsing for the Attorney General position in the Nov. General Elections.  Those that have supported & followed me as an ANC know I can think & speak for myself.
 
I asked Kemry why this old photo was used for Ms. Masters AG campaign without my knowledge & first contacting me to sign a release form? Kemry replied, "they could use the photo because it was on the Internet and was under the "Fair Use Act", and he didn't have any way to contact me".  Really got concerned at this point because I've known Kemry since the early part of the Kelly Administration, we protested together, were arrested together in the 1993 Statehood movement; testified on numerous bills. I previously supported some of the issues he was working on, and considered him a friend.
LinkedIn describes Kemry as: Aggressive, recognized community leader with over 30 years of managerial skills in, sales, political, & non-profit work.
 
So, as to being able to contact me, I have no doubt Kemry could have contacted McDuffie, and any other CMs office to get my tele#, email or a msg to me, along with the same from Mayor Gray's office. Let's not forget thru some of the ANCs & residents throughout the city.  Upon looking at his cellphone, he had an EM for me.
 
As to Kemry directing me to the "Fair Use Act", it applies to the use of copyrighted materials. I could not find when this photo was copyrighted, nor could I find the photo on DC Vote's website, or either by Google or Yahoo image searches.  The photo on the campaign lit is not copyrighted, but just plain respect and the integrity & ethics of the process should have come to mind, by both Kemry & Ms. Masters, who I'm sure approved this final product. Truly disappointing!
 
In my opinion, winning by any means necessary played a role in this decision, and definitely without regards for the potential adverse impact on my reputation.  This hurts!!!Though I'm for DC women continuing to diversify elected positions, I expected better from Ms. Masters.  Now looks like I'm double dipping, supporting a male & female candidate for the same position, especially depending on how this false information filters to the DC voters.
 
It's a simple thing, this political campaign should have taken a 2014 photo of one or some DC resident(s) who support Ms. Masters with their "DC Vote" or "No Taxation without Representation" t-shirts on, adding a simple disclaimer to the campaign lit, "This is not a "DC Vote" endorsement", or with a DC Office of Campaign Finance directed appropriate disclaimer.
 
This raises questions about how Ms. Masters would operate if elected to the AG position, no matter what the campaign lit says.  Assured quality of produced prior body of work and integrity of her political campaign should stand for itself.  With this tactic of not playing fair, doesn't seem that way to me, and I hope all our other DC registered voters agree with me and chose an AG candidate that truly honors integrity in and respect for the process!
 
Albrette "Gigi" Ransom

--
--
WardFive@googlegroups.comis open to WardFive residents for community discussion and information sharing.
 
To post to this group, send email to wardfive@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wardfive+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wardfive?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WardFive" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to wardfive+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

--
--
WardFive@googlegroups.com is open to WardFive residents for community discussion and information sharing.
 
To post to this group, send email to wardfive@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wardfive+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wardfive?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WardFive" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to wardfive+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment