Wednesday 21 September 2016

[WardFive] Re: [WARD5] Crosspost: Rite Aid on Rhode Island Avenue

I'm not familiar with that specific lae but I have been made aware in the past that a store has the right to refuse you service. I have actually seen places in the past do so. I have not however had anything but good experiences at this store.


On Sep 21, 2016 8:27 PM, "Michelle James mjames5432@gmail.com [WARD5]" <WARD5@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
 

Good evening,

I had a really odd experience tonight at the Rite Aid on Rhode Island Avenue.  I'd gotten a flu shot and pneumonia shot and picked up a few things.  I was attempting to pay at the register-when the clerk became upset with me.  I had picked up some reduced items and was ensuring that I was charged the correct price.  He became upset and announced that "I have the right to refuse to sell these items to you-and I refuse to sell them to you."  He then called the security guard over and told her to "walk me out of the store AND call the police."  The guard did not comply with his order.

I called and spoke with the Regional Manager, John Watson, who told me that he was unaware of any DC law that allowed the merchant to refused to sell a patron an item.  He said that he'd never heard of a a patron being walked out of a store while at the register paying, nor the police being called on said patron.  

I'm wondering whether anyone has had any odd interactions at this store.  If so, please contact me off list.  I know one thing, when I'm on New Mexico Ave NW the staff is bending over backwards to help those who are economically privileged.  

Best,

Michelle James

__._,_.___

Posted by: Michelle James <mjames5432@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

To Post a message, send it to:   WARD5@eGroups.com
To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: WARD5-unsubscribe@eGroups.com

.

__,_._,___

--
--
WardFive@googlegroups.com is open to WardFive residents for community discussion and information sharing.
 
To post to this group, send email to wardfive@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wardfive+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wardfive?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WardFive" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to wardfive+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

0 comments:

Post a Comment