Saturday 28 March 2020

Re: cheat_training_group Gw attainment

For those who to try the attainment before you commit to getting back to your car, you can park at Pennyfield and paddle up. The other benefit is some great bird-watching on the section below Seneca Breaks. 

Cheers,
Mark

On Mar 27, 2020, at 1:51 PM, Steve-O McKone <steveo@calleva.org> wrote:

Hey all, 

I hope everyone is doing well. I was able to finally paddle and it felt sooo good. I want to encourage you all to keep on paddling, responsibly, because it really is a nice way to enjoy nature and forget about stuff for a bit. I have really missed it. 

Anyways, I made a little video of me attaining the GW because I know a lot of people haven't done it before, but it's really a great workout! It also focuses on different skills that you can't get attaining the gorge. The video is sped up a bit so its not as long, I hope its not annoying!

The workout I like to do is start at Rileys lock, Warm up by paddling across, I do as many back strokes as I can on the way over. I then paddle down the breaks on river right, cut right in the first channel, we call it the middle channel, then I head up the GW, do a few loops attaining each rapid a few times. When I paddle downstream I try to go at sprint pace. After I make it out of the GW I then turn around RACE down the GW till I get to the George Washing Machine, the rapid right above the rope swing, then I head back up the middle channel and attain the last rapid of the breaks on attainers left, or river right. I then paddle do interval training on the way back to Rileys paddling forwards and backwards. 

I hope to see you all soon!

PADDLE EVERYWHERE!
Steve-O
      



--
laks@calleva.org
calleva.org/liquid-adventures-kayak
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Cheat Training" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to upper_yough_training_group+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/upper_yough_training_group/CAFxmn%3DVMqUbaTN5NPgLc%2BCavuyNO1JvkE3ZBu%2BpoMEpGE8AfOQ%40mail.gmail.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment