Thursday 28 June 2012

[WardFive] Re: [ward5] CM McDuffie's CoS

Debbie,

As for Stephanie, she actually might be a CM in the years to come and she actually has the ability to rise to a really special one.  She is a very bright, little green but from a conversation that I had with her, little does she know, I think that she was raised to serve her community like I was.  In a good way, my sense is that she is going to have a huge upcoming struggle (if it hasn't started already) as I believe that she is intuitive enough to understand the priorities that our Ward, the City Needs vs the wants.  As a matter of fact, I believe her FORIA folks are going to evolve into a wider scope of assistance to her.

Actually, while she might have been falsely guided to be another Front Runner to Redevelop Rhode Island Ave, I believe that she is going to be engulfed with our Kids struggle on education.  I could be wrong but I am willing to bet that there is a lot of conflict already occurring.  Strange as this sounds, in my opinion, she may be the most perfect choice that Kenyan has made! 

So I do not take away from the rest, they are all smart - Corey especially!  While he and I may not agree on movements, he makes for a good CoS.  A few definitely have hidden agendas which are all goal oriented and combined with their self efficacy, are very likely to get to it - but nothing to be alarmed about. As "elevated" as some think they are, the world has a way of tilting just enough to shift them back into place!

Most important, Kenyan will learn how to navigate in and out of being manipulated soon enough!  My fear is that since there is no real ingenious business acumen on board, maneuvering with blinders or with bridle is going to be like walking on moss covered rocks at the edge of a alligator pond on a foggy morning.  I am hopeful that he will tune into me and some of other non grappling retired Ward 5 business people he knows for direction or this could take longer than we have available.

But what do I know?

Rob Ramson

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Debbie Smith-Steiner <DLSmith112@msn.com> wrote:
 

Although I supported CM McDuffie late, I must admit that the team he has put together cuts the mustard.

I have had the pleasure of working with his Chief of Staff, Corey Arnez Griffin for almost a year. In that year, I must admit, he is very solutions oriented. While Mr. Griffin and I butt heads, he has always been able to find a solution and will help when he is called on.

Jeanette Mobley, while being fresh in her position, has definitely made sure to research a problem and has been responsive with solutions - some I have never thought of.

Jon Mandel - is just a pleasant person who is action and results oriented.

Although I am sending this message today, does no way say this staff will not continue to be assess - hard. If no one else has, I have been constantly putting them to the test and they can confirm this.

I am unsure about Stephanie Atkinson since she has no experience legislatively and was chosen over a more experienced individual in our Ward. Nonetheless, this is CM McDuffie's team and so far my grade for this office is a B

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.
Booker T. Washington

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
To Post a message, send it to:   ward5@eGroups.com
To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to: ward5-unsubscribe@eGroups.com
.

__,_._,___



--
R. Ramson
3744 12th Street, N.E.,
Washington D.C., 20017
202-438-5988

"We must become the change we want to see" - Mohandas Gandhi-
(Together, for a Brighter Tomorrow)




 


--
WardFive@googlegroups.com is open to WardFive residents for community discussion and information sharing.
 
To post to this group, send email to wardfive@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wardfive+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wardfive?hl=en

0 comments:

Post a Comment