Saturday 30 June 2012

[WardFive]

Debbie and the rest,

I want you all to know, Black folks don't have a problem with White folks moving in.  The problem I have and I am sure we have is that when they say "we moved here to be part of a diverse community" to justify them being here "altruistically", we need them to show us this gby partaking in the struggles of our "diverse" community.  So so sorry - street cars ahead of our other priority infrastructure issues does not exemplify their words! 

Like I always say - don't talk me to death about non-violence, for edecation, for community, for love SHOW ME. I want to feel it and so far, all I have is some lip service.  While I appreciate folks picking up trash once a month on Rhode Island ave, I need them to also help put a system that will help put that same spirit in our youth by allowimg them to have facilities that they are truly proud to learn and play in.  But to make sure, I still appreciate what Foria has mobilized and done.

Rob

--
WardFive@googlegroups.com is open to WardFive residents for community discussion and information sharing.
 
To post to this group, send email to wardfive@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wardfive+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wardfive?hl=en

0 comments:

Post a Comment