Wednesday 29 August 2012

[WardFive] Tips for listserv use?

Can someone tell me a bit about how the mechanics of this list actually works?  I get a digest through google groups, but it looks like a lot of stuff comes through a yahoo group actually.  Fairly often, the digests I get appear to be only one person's "reply" to a conversation I didn't see posted earlier.  Sometimes, it's just pages and pages of one person's long replies and I have no idea what he's even referencing.  Is that just a cross-posted response from a different email group?

I'd just like to know a little bit about the mechanics of the email group.  Whether it's actually two groups that is "merged" somehow, or if that's just individuals crossposting.  Also, who "owns" and manages the listserv?

Thanks for the info!

--
WardFive@googlegroups.com is open to WardFive residents for community discussion and information sharing.
 
To post to this group, send email to wardfive@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wardfive+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wardfive?hl=en

0 comments:

Post a Comment