Monday 27 January 2014

[WardFive] Fwd: 16 Reasons Why You Should Go to Specialized Instruction Saturday on Feb. 1.


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "DC Public Schools" <dcpscommunications@dc.gov>
Date: Jan 25, 2014 9:01 AM
Subject: 16 Reasons Why You Should Go to Specialized Instruction Saturday on Feb. 1.


If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online.

Share this:
DC PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Top 16 Reasons Why You Should Go to Specialized Instruction Saturday on Feb. 1

1.       I'm a little fuzzy on how to use the school lottery and could use some help
2.       I'm curious about early childhood development.
3.       I went to the DC Education Festival but need more info about early childhood options.
4.       I didn't go to DC Education Festival and have tons of questions.
5.       My child likes watching Sesame Street in both Spanish and English.
6.       I want my child to understand Sesame Street in both Spanish and English.
7.       My child is a genius, or I think she is, how can I tell?
8.       I'd like my toddler to get a head start on learning math and reading.
9.       I wonder if my toddler is reaching his milestones at the right time.
10.   I've heard conflicting information about support services at DCPS. What's really available for my child?
11.   I'm a new parent in the city and English isn't my first language- what are my options?
12.   I'd like to know if DCPS can serve my child with autism.
13.   I could really use some free help from education experts.
14.   I have a toddler and wonder what pre-K options exist for him.
15.   I'd love to know how DCPS can support my child with special needs.
16.   My child with special needs shows challenging behavior at home and I could use some tips on how to handle it.

Featuring panels and workshops on:
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
  • How to teach toddlers to read and do math at home.
  • Understanding milestones in your toddler's development.
  • Getting a head start on learning before formal schooling begins.
SPECIAL EDUCATION
  • Tips for families to help your child advocate for him/herself.
  • Strategies to help manage challenging behaviors at home.
  • Creating structure at home to reduce stress for children with special needs.
LANGUAGE LEARNERS
  • Strategies to help your child develop his/her native tongue and English at the same time.
  • Supporting bilingual middle- and high- schoolers.
                    
     
    Cardozo Education Campus
    Saturday, Feb. 1
    10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
1200 First St NE | Washington, DC 20002 US
 To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list.

manage your preferences | opt out using TrueRemove®.

Got this as a forward? Sign up to receive our future emails.
powered by emma


--
Ward Five Council on Education
Phone: 202-505-4309
Are you on Facebook? Like us - The Ward Five Council on Education
Follow us on Twitter: @Ward5EdCouncil

About the Ward Five Council on Education

The Ward Five Council on Education is a 501(c)3 organization dedicated to improving the quality of education in Ward 5. The Council provides a forum for community stakeholders to share and resolve issues surrounding Ward 5 schools and works closely with the District of Columbia's education community to ensure that the quality of public schools – both traditional and charter – is exactly what Ward 5 students, parents, and the community at large deserve. Learn more at www.w5coe.org.

--
--
WardFive@googlegroups.com is open to WardFive residents for community discussion and information sharing.
 
To post to this group, send email to wardfive@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wardfive+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wardfive?hl=en
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "WardFive" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to wardfive+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment