Saturday 24 November 2012

[WardFive] Athlete/Baby Daddy's

Good Evening everyone,
 
Last night I was having a conversation with a White friend regarding the article in the Wash. Post on Thursday regarding Dunbar's Quarterback.  So, I was conveying to him that after Thanksgiving dinner, my brother-in-law was expressing to me how amazing it is that we have an entire article (Starting on the Front page of the sports page and collectively an entire page) about a really good young Black Quarterback and most of the article was about him having two children and the two women involved, raising the children and its affect on School.  Would they have done this with a White Quarterback?  Why would a journalist take this approach with this young man?
 
Somehow the conversation between my friend and I evolved and he stated to me that "part of it is that Black Men and Gay Men tend to have more partners.  That's why there are so many "baby daddy's"!!  I was truly amazed to hear him say this. 
 
Anyways, me being me, we had that discussion in which he told me that there are studies that show this. 
 
Maybe we can have a conversation about this?
 
Also, can someone give me the white name for "baby daddy"?  Is this the name for all cultures? 
 
What happens when a Woman gets Pregnant -- Is there a cultural difference in having the baby vs. having an abortion?
 
Rob Ramson
 

--
R. Ramson
3744 12th Street, N.E.,
Washington D.C., 20017
202-438-5988

"We must become the change we want to see" - Mohandas Gandhi-
(Together, for a Brighter Tomorrow)




 


--
WardFive@googlegroups.com is open to WardFive residents for community discussion and information sharing.
 
To post to this group, send email to wardfive@googlegroups.com
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wardfive+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wardfive?hl=en

0 comments:

Post a Comment